Recover from your sports injury faster
Sports can be brutal and cause some of the worst injuries you may ever experience. When you suffer an injury while participating in a sport, seeking a sports therapist is the best way to start the recovery process.
What is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is the practice and study of medical principles which are related to sports science, especially in the areas of athletic performance, sports training, sports injury prevention, injury treatment, and injury diagnosis. In addition, sports psychology, sports nutrition, workout planning, and exercise regimens are also addressed within the realm of sports medicine.
What does it cover?
Sports injuries can broadly be categorized in two classes: traumatic injury and overuse injury. Our treatment of sports injuries covers:
- Assessment of the injury status.
- Assessment of the interplay between current status and previous injury and the patient’s general health.
- Identifying any preceding mechanical influences, particularly with overuse injury.
- Correction of abnormal biomechanics.
- Setting of rehab goals with patient input to ensure a return to function that is patient specific.
- Setting and testing return to sport guidelines.
- Creating a rehab plan that takes the patient from the initial presentation through to return to full activity and includes injury prevention guidelines for the future.
Who is it for?
Sports Medicine is not only the realm of the elite sports person. It is as important for the novice athlete, the weekend warrior and the Olympic athlete. In each case the athlete’s recovery and return to sport (whether it be Saturday afternoon lawn bowls or the Olympic Games) is of equal importance.
Setting your goals for recovery
One of the biggest parts of your recovery is making goals. Working with a therapist allows you to set reasonable goals that can help motivate you to recover.
Once these goals are set, you and your therapist will then formulate a plan that helps you achieve the goals within a proper time period.
Call Now: 516-624-6739
Start the process of recovery by visiting our physical therapy office and learning how to function better.
You have a problem and we have a solution.